Is WordPress right for you?
WordPress, as well as other Content Management Systems such as Joomla and Drupal, offer many benefits to companies that want the flexibility of easily updating content on their website to keep it fresh and informative for their user base.
Choosing a template
There are lots of great templates & themes out there for WordPress websites. Finding just the right one that fits your needs can often be time consuming and frustrating. If you are looking for anything more than a simple static website, you must be careful to ensure that you are aware of what additional modules and/or plugins your template may need. These may or may not be included in the cost of the base theme purchase.
Configuring your template.
WordPress has long moved past its initial purpose as a blogging tool and now supports countless application templates, modules and multimedia plugins to enhance the end-user experience. You can choose to keep it simple and go with a base install of WordPress with a theme that matches your company profile, or you can expand your website's functionality with a fully integrated application template.
What we do in WordPress Customization?
Whether you already own a template or you're not even sure how to start looking for a WordPress Theme/Template that fits your needs, we can step in at any point in the process to help you get your WordPress website up and running. We will handle all the customizations and even register all your initial content for you.
When everthing is perfectly the way you want it, we can either do a training session with you to show you how to make content updates yourself, or we can continue to handle this for you under one of our WordPress services maintenance plans.
- Find a
Benefits of WordPress/Content Management Systems
- Easy to use
- WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. on a regular basis is a breeze and can be done quickly. Because the technology is so simple, time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.
- Manage from anywhere
- WordPress is browser-based. You can login from any Internet connected computer and manage your site.
- No HTML required
- WordPress is a self-contained system and does not require HTML editing software (such as Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver). You can create a new page or blog post, format text, upload images (and edit them), upload documents, video files, image galleries, etc. all without the need for additional HTML or FTP software.
- Search Engine friendly
- The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index a site’s content. In addition, each page, post, and image can have its own meta tag keywords, description, and title, and be optimized for specific keywords, allowing for very precise search engine optimization. You can also use tags to further enhance your search engine optimization efforts.
- You're in Control
- No more waiting for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of nearly every aspect of your site and can easily make those simple updates yourself.
- WordPress acts as the engine for your website. The look and feel of the site can be 100% customized so your brand can shine through on your site and provide a unique experience to your visitors.
- Built in blogging
- Since WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are easy to integrate, if desired. Setting up RSS / email subscriptions to your blog, commenting capabilities, and automatically adding the most recent blog posts to other pages of the site (your home page, for example) are also very simple to set-up, and help to extend your company’s reach and make your site more dynamic and interactive.
- Extend functionality with plugins
- Want to add an event calendar, video gallery, Twitter Feed, Facebook Fan Box, and more to your site? WordPress makes this possible with plugins, most of which are free or very reasonably priced.
- WordPress sites are very scalable. You can have hundreds of thousands of pages or blog posts on your site and the performance of the site will not be compromised in the least.
- Easy to setup user access
- As an administrator of a WordPress site, you can set-up multiple users for the website and assign access levels and capabilities to each user.